ISHETHRA is affiliated to The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) known for high quality educational endeavours, empowering the students to contribute towards a humane, just and pluralistic society, promoting introspective living, by creating exciting learning opportunities, with a commitment at par with excellence
The Curriculum decides the height of Education. Education determines the value of life. Ishethra’s concept is ‘Ancient education system for international Stage’. Hence ISHETHRA has adopted the curriculam of the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE). ICSE syllabus focuses on the detailed study of all the subjects compared to other Boards. It provides more practical knowledge and it aims to build analytical skills in students.
Medium of instruction is English, Tamil is second language, Hindi as third language for Grade 5 to Grade 8. Sanskrit is also offered. Vedic Mathematics is taught for speedy calculation.
School opens door for the students’ choice in choosing their interested subject as optional when they come to grade IX.
Moral Education guided by Gyanodhyam Educational Trust, Physical Education, Yoga, Meditation and Arts are part of curriculum.
As per the regulation of the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination all the candidates are required to enter and sit for six subjects and Socially Useful Productive Work
- Group 1 : Compulsory
- Group 2 : 7 subjects including Mathematics and Science &
- Group 3 : 13 subjects
- The Board has wide options of subject to be chosen in Group 2 and Group 3 in ICSE and ISC.
- School has no restriction in choosing subjects from group II and III.
Right Teaching Methodology makes the learning interesting. Learning-by-doing, a hands-on approach, meaning students must interact with their environment in order to adapt and learn, is practiced in ISHETHRA.
The Highlights are:
- Gurukulam system of learning.
- Teacher student ratio 1: 10.
- Residential teachers to guide the pupils
- Culture, Tradition and Moral values are blended with curriculum
Curriculum is incomplete without Co- curricular and Extra Curricular activities. Knowing the value of strong body, the school provides vast play ground and varieties of sports and games.
- Athletics, Football, Hockey, Volleyball, basketball, Tennis etc.
- Indoor games and traditional Indian games to develop motor skills.
- Socially Useful & Productive Work activities
- Special teachers for Arts & Crafts.
Extra - curricular Activities
Our Curriculum is modified to reflect advances in curriculum development and promote scholastic achievements. Moral values, physical education and fine arts are the part of Ishethra's curriculum. The humanities and sciences are two great traditions exposed at Ishethra
- Vocal & Instrumental music
- Classical & Western dance
- Martial Arts
Ishethra encourages all the children to learn all the following arts provided here, it proves Ishethra is preparing children to the International stage without deviating from our Culture and Tradition.
- Art, Painting, Craft Work
- Italic writing to enhance creativity
- Carnatic Music
- Western Music
- Western Dance
The name ISHETHRA is an acronym of International School for Holistic Education through Traditional, Historical and Realistic Approach.
Aravakurichi – 639201,
Karur District, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : +91 6381173176 ,